Sun Life Off Campus Drive 2023 | Hiring freshers as Graduate Engineer Trainee in Bangalore
Join Sun Life’s Global Team: Off Campus Drive 2023 for Graduate Engineer Trainee in Bangalore. Discover opportunities to contribute, innovate, and grow with us. Sun Life is a leading global financial services organization providing insurance, wealth, and asset management solutions. Be part of a dynamic team, work on cutting-edge technologies, and make a difference in the lives of individuals and communities worldwide. Apply now.
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Sun Life Off Campus Drive 2023
About Sun Life
Sun Life is a leading international financial services organization providing insurance, wealth and asset management solutions to individual and corporate Clients. Sun Life has operations in a number of markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bermuda.
Sun Life Off Campus Drive 2023
Sun Life Asia Service Center (ASC)
Asia Service Centre (ASC) is a global in-house shared services center for Sun Life businesses across the globe. The term ‘ASC’ is collectively used for its two centers, ASCI – Asia Service Centre India and ASCP – Asia Service Centre Philippines. ASCs’ journey started in 2006 and has since achieved scale and operational maturity, we are now a strong 3000 employee organization. Our service portfolio includes:
- Digital Enterprise – comprises of multi-faceted technology and business functions in Asia Service Center and is an organizational transformation focused on breaking down traditional organization silos, aligning processes, technology, capability and strategic priorities in support of the development of new capabilities in digital for SLF
- Technology – Technology function at ASC is geared towards growing our existing business, deepening our client understanding, managing new age technology systems and demonstrating thought leadership. We are committed towards building greater domain expertise and engineering ability, delivering end to end solutions for our clients and taking a lead in intelligent automation. Tech services at ASC are evolved in areas such as Application development and management, Support, Testing, Digital, Data Engineering and Analytics, Infrastructure Services and Project Management.
- Operations – Focus on driving efficiency across insurance value chain for our partners while also helping them achieve our ‘Client for Life’ goal. Our operations foot print is spread across India and Philippines, with business processing and support solutions being delivered from India while voice services (Client Care Centre) are delivered from Philippines.
- Knowledge Services – We work with Sun Life teams across the group providing Knowledge Services supporting them in areas like ALM & Financial Reporting; Investment Operations supporting credit research, Equity Research and Financial modelling; Legal contracts and Actuarial support on modelling & IFRS 17. We also provide Business Analytics, Data Visualization and Insights services for the global business teams.
- Business Excellence – The function works towards impacting enhanced business value, client and employee experience by providing consulting on various process methodologies like Lean, CMMI, and Agile. The objective of the function is also to solve complex business problems and provide Operational and Technology process excellence as a service. The function also has resident Learning and Quality consultants, to support Operational training and Quality Assurance programs respectively.
Over the years, ASC has evolved from a pure delivery center to a capability unit, providing significant contributions to parent businesses. Our technology service bouquet includes Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Testing, Application Operations and Infrastructure Management to various Sun Life business across North America and Asia. We have also been leading from front the transformation journey for Sun Life on Data, Digital and Cloud technologies.
Digital transformation under our goal of creating a ‘Digital enterprise’ for us is not just about technology advancement and application but also about enabling business strategy. It’s about building new business models, enhancing operational and value chain efficiency. We aspire to create best in class client experiences, building a digital culture and mindset enabled by the latest technology platforms, data-driven insights, nimble execution and effective change frameworks.
Sun Life Off Campus Drive 2023
We are looking for passionate Software Engineering Graduates to design, develop and test software solutions.
Our Software Engineering Graduates will be responsible for gathering user requirements, defining system functionality, and writing code in various languages, like Java, Python and .NET.
Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment with an overall aim to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for engineering tasks in the software development life cycle and implementation of software project
- Write effective, scalable code and to develop Front-end/back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications
- Test and debug programs Improve functionality of existing systems
- Implement CI/CD by adopting DevOps pipelines and automate manual tasks
- Keep supervisors up to date regarding current work on a daily/weekly basis
- Cooperation and collaboration within and between teams – appropriate sharing of needed resources & information.
- Effective collaboration in project meetings and associated teams.
- Reports issues affecting progress of tasks assigned
Must have skills:
- Strong academic background with 60% (8+ CGPA) & above scores throughout.
- Computer Science/IT/Information Sciences Graduates of 2022 or 2023 pass outs
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Good command on verbal and written communication
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good understanding of programming language like Java or Python is must
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming, Design Concepts
- Understanding of SQL queries and database schemas
- Should have strong knowledge of data structure and algorithms
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of Software Development life cycle
- Understanding of various software development methodologies like waterfall, agile
- Understanding of programming and troubleshooting techniques
- Developed at least one coding project in high school or engineering